Monday 25 April 2011

Black Pool News

OLLIE: THAT'S THE BENCHMARK

 Mon 25 Apr 2011
Blackpool manager Ian Holloway believes that the performance against Newcastle has now set the 'benchmark' for the remaining games this season.
The Seasiders were in full flow against The Magpies and were unfortunate not to come away from the game with more than a point.

But it was the showing more than the result that pleased the manager most, and he's now looking for more of the same in the next four matches.

"I'm delighted for the lads and I'm excited about the challenge. "We need that to be our benchmark now, we cannot afford at this level to be anything shorter than that," he said.

"It's one performance closer to what I want and that's all I'm going to focus on. We needed a reaction, we got a reaction and I'm delighted with the lads. That will give the fans some belief that we can get out of this and hopefully lift the doom and gloom.

"That was more like my team and I thank them for that. It looked like us of old and that's all I can ask for."

Another home game, this time against Stoke, is now on the horizon with Blackpool back above the relegation zone by virtue of goal difference.

"We've given ourselves one hell of a chance to actually survive, which would be the best thing I've ever seen and the best thing for this whole area to have us in this league again. That's what we want to do," Ollie added.

Tickets for that fixture have already sold out as the fans look to back the players in their numbers once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment